I had another blog for a while but I stopped posting on it because I got bored and I decided I wanted a new one. Also, people wanted to see my knitting.
Here’s how I spent my summer (7 weeks of it anyway).
It’s a sock yarn blanket. It measures 25″ by 35″, so it’s not a huge blanket. I’m entering it in the fair this year, and 25″ by 35″ was the minimum size. The original sock yarn blanket was created by http://www.shellykang.com. Hers fits her whole bed and took way longer than mine. I made 143 blocks, which includes the 3 large blocks.
Pattern: Sock Yarn Blanket
Needles: size 3 dpns
Yarn: Nearly all of my sock yarn.
Here’s the list: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock, Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock Stripe, ONline Supersocke 100, Paton’s Kroy Socks FX, Paton’s Stretch Socks, Plymouth Yarn Sockotta, Premier Yarns Serenity Sock Weight, Schoeller+Stahl Fortissima Colori Disco Socka, All Things Heather Superwash Merino/Bamboo/Nylon, Dale of Norway Baby Ull, and my favorite, Zwerger Yarns Opal Feelings. (It’s rainbow sock yarn with wide stripes. I used it all up and it kind of made me sad especially when I looked it up on Ravelry and saw it was discontinued.)
Then I finished my Lace Ribbon Scarf which took only a few days because I finally could do the lace pattern quickly. I started it on October 1 and it frustrated me but I finished it eventually. I really like the finished product!
Pattern: Lace Ribbon Scarf
Needles: size 4 dpns
Yarn: Gypsyknits Sock It! Merino Superwash, color Tink
Size: 4.5″ by 75″
When I blocked it, it grew a ton! I forgot to measure it before blocking until it was already wet. But it did grow. I cast on 35 stitches and did 24 repeats. I really like the yarn too. It’s really soft and I love the colors.
Here are some other things I am entering in the fair for knitting.
I made these in February to use up some of my leftover Cascade 220. It was a pretty easy pattern. Of course, right after I finished them, it warmed up outside. It wouldn’t be very pleasant to wear stranded worsted weight mittens when it’s 40-50 degrees outside.
I also made an interesting dishcloth, called the Lobby dishcloth, but I haven’t taken a picture of it yet.
My current project is the Tadpole socks.
I’m using my Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock Stripe, in the color Lucky Stripe, which I have had in my stash since January 08. I just couldn’t find the right sock pattern to use. Then I found this one in October and couldn’t start it till now because I was very busy with school and other projects. It’s a very easy sock pattern. 🙂 I like it.