I tried to seam the shoulders on my Central Park Hoodie yesterday, except it didn’t look right. The knits and purls didn’t match up for some reason. So I went to the Central Park Hoodie KAL group on Ravelry and read a ton of posts about shoulders. Then I decided I would frog back all the shoulders and do short row shoulders with a three needle bind off.
While I was reading the pattern as I was frogging, I noticed that it said to BO 1 st at neck edge every other row, on the fronts. Well see I had a little problem there. I did these decreases on the shoulder edge instead of the neck edge. whoops. If you look carefully here (this is when I blocked it on Friday), you can see that the neck edge is straight up where it should be slightly curved.
I had to frog both the fronts back a couple inches and fix that. I’ll have to reblock the top of my Central Park Hoodie or something because the yarn is all kinky. With the help of Ravelry, this article on Knitty, and the book The Knitter’s Book of Finishing Techniques by Nancie Wiseman, I was able to figure out how to do short row shoulders. Then I had to redo one of the fronts’ short row shaping because I did it the wrong way and it was tilting up instead of down.
Then I did the three needle bind off and it looks MUCH better than it did before. Now I get to pick up stitches for the collar (I’m not doing a hood) and knit the collar. I thought I had a picture of the end product but I guess not.
NaNoWriMo is going very well. My word count for yesterday was 16,693. In theory I should be writing right now but I hadn’t posted here for a while.
I started a Drop Stitch Scarf in Malabrigo, color Whale’s Road on Thursday and it was nice to work on something like that while I watched the Breeder’s Cup on Friday and Saturday.