It’s finished!

Well, except for the buttons which I haven’t sewn on yet. I finished it this afternoon. It might have been finished a couple days earlier but I was having issues with the seams. Oddly enough, the sleeve cap seams were the easiest. Sewing the sleeve caps into the armholes was the thing that kept me from repeatedly taking the Central Park Hoodie off of my queue on Ravelry. I thought it would be really hard, but with some pins and a good tutorial, it was actually the fastest part of the seaming.

Pattern: Central Park Hoodie

Yarn: Cascade 220 Wool in color 8400, 5 skeins

Needles: size 9 for body, size 7 for ribbing

Size: 36

Modifications: I did a collar instead of a hood, I made the body two inches longer, and I did short row shaping with a three needle bindoff for the shoulder.

I really like it! It’s so warm and cozy and I wore it to school today (only had one class today) but no one said anything about it.

Here’s the story of my seaming struggles. The sleeve caps went in just fine. I found a tutorial on Knitting Daily that outlined it step by step, with photos, and it really helped. Here are the links to that: Part one, part two.

Then I was going to seam the sleeve and I was halfway (actually more than halfway) done with seaming it and then I realized the ribbing didn’t match up. So I had to do that over.Then the other sleeve and the first side seam went fine.

On the last side seam, the ribbing wasn’t matching up. I set it down right after I finished seaming the ribbing and I had noted in my mind that it was uneven, but I had to set the table for supper, so I forgot and after supper I promptly seamed nearly the entire side seam. I even counted the rows and it still didn’t match up even though each side had the same number of rows of ribbing. So I went to bed because I was getting tired and it wasn’t going well.

This morning, I opened up the Knitty mattress stitch tutorial and seamed it very slowly and it was fine and even, the first time. Then it took the length of an entire DVR’d Grey’s Anatomy Episode (40 minutes) to weave in all the ends. 🙂

In other news, I hit 30,230 on NaNoWriMo last night. I’ve been spending so much time seaming (or trying to seam) my Central Park Hoodie that I’ve been procrastinating writing my 1667 words until 10pm which Does Not Work. Yesterday I only wrote 1200 words and on Saturday I wrote 1400 words. Interestingly enough, on Sunday I was on a roll and wrote 2000 words. I’m ahead of the minimum word count though, so it’s okay. Now that I’m finished with my Central Park Hoodie, I can spend more time on NaNoWriMo, and schoolwork too.

Advertisements

2 responses to “It’s finished!

  1. It looks so cozy! I really like the gray color!

  2. This is gorgeous! It looks like it was a bit of an intense pattern! Great Job!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s